The RDTS department needs a dedicated devops engineer who will be based in the TAMS department developing and maintaining servers (Windows and Linux), performing system administration and automation tasks, providing network and office support to staff and to users, as well as supporting and developing data acquisition and analysis software for research staff and users.
- Support and development of Linux-based C/C++ data acquisition and analysis software for research staff and usersSupport and development of Linux-based accelerator control and analysis software for TAMS and others applicationsImplementation and support of databases on Linux platformsNetwork support and administrationServer support and administrationSupport and administration as needed
- Baccalaureate / Advanced Diploma / NQF 7
- BTech / BSc Computer Science or EquivalentTotal of 5 years of experience in server administration, network and low-level embedded system programming in C or C++
- Prior experience using Linux/Unix programmingRootPythonRelational database programmingMCSA or MSCECCNA
- Programming/Software DevelopmentSystems IntegrationApplication SupportIT OperationsTechnical Advice and Consulting
The NRF website provides more details on initiatives and activities
Candidates must submit a full CV by registering and applying online through the NRF Recruitment and Selection Portal.
Applications should be accompanied by a cover letter indicating the candidate’s suitability for the position.
The names and contact details of at least three arbitrators must be provided.
- Skills in the field of application of the position
- Knowledge to be relevant
- Responsible in the performance of duties
About the employer:
The National Research Foundation (NRF) supports and promotes research and human capital development through funding, the provision of national research facilities and science outreach platforms and programs to the wider community in all fields of science and technology, including natural sciences, engineering and social sciences. and human sciences.
iThemba LABS is Africa’s leading research center for accelerator-based science committed to advancing knowledge, transforming lives and inspiring the nation by probing the fundamental structure and origins of matter; Advance the understanding of condensed matter; Impacting societal needs by providing services to the health and environment sectors.