iThemba LABS is seeking to appoint a Junior Software Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining, designing, developing, testing and assisting in the commissioning of data acquisition and control, and monitoring of software systems for detection of radiation in the facilities of NRF iThemba LABS.
- Apply expertise in data acquisition systemsApply expertise in control and monitoring software systemsApply software engineering skillsWork closely with internal science staff and external science users for software supportTroubleshooting and upgrades Update software applications Maintain and update documents and records for software and systems Consult with users on requirements for approved projects and possible future experiments Provide regularly updated reports on the status of software and systems
- Baccalaureate / Advanced diploma / CNC 7
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Nuclear or Computational Physics, or equivalent
- Knowledge of one or more of the following areas: radiation detection, digital signal processing, parallel processing or continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
Willingness to learn how to use new software packages and software design techniques. Good communication skills for written and oral reports. Must be able to work under pressure, have good decision-making and time management skills, and be self-motivated. The NRF website provides more details on initiatives and activities
Candidates must submit a full CV by registering and applying online through the NRF Recruitment and Selection Portal.
Applications should be accompanied by a cover letter indicating the candidate’s suitability for the position.
The names and contact details of at least three arbitrators must be provided.
- Skills in the field of application of the position
- Knowledge to be relevant
- Responsible in the performance of duties
About the employer:
The National Research Foundation (NRF) supports and promotes research and human capital development through funding, the provision of national research facilities and science outreach platforms and programs to the wider community in all fields of science and technology, including natural sciences, engineering and social sciences. and human sciences.
iThemba LABS is Africa’s leading research center for accelerator-based science committed to advancing knowledge, transforming lives and inspiring the nation. We do this by probing fundamental aspects of nuclear structure, studying the origins of matter, and advancing humanity’s understanding of condensed matter. In addition, we have a direct societal impact through the supply of radioisotopes for the health sector and a biophysical research program focusing on the impact of radiation on human health, as well as the analysis of isotopes for the environmental sector.
Find out more/Apply to this position