LONDON, NEW YORK, ZUG, Aug. 18, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) —
- The NEAR Foundation has released the shortlist of 20 nominees for its inaugural Women in Web3 Changemaker slate
- From this list – 10 winners will be selected by public vote
- To participate, voters will need to click on our campaign link and create or log into their existing NEAR wallet to claim an NFT. They can then go to the polls, choose their candidate
- Voting begins August 18, 2022 and ends at midnight August 29
The NEAR Foundation, the Swiss non-profit organization that supports the governance and development of the NEAR Protocol, today released the shortlist of women who will be considered for its final list of Top 10 Women in Web3 Changemakers 2022.
The shortlist was chosen from hundreds of potential applicants from around the world by the initiative’s DAO Board, which reviewed each public application received. The list was compiled with the following judging criteria: Inclusiveness – promising ideas that are good for society, sustainable and have a social impact; Influence – having an impact in the community and among peers; and Innovation – contribute to interesting and social impact projects at work or independently.
Launched in partnership with Forkast, the list aims to celebrate the success of women in Web3 and showcase female role models in the ecosystem.
Voting for the Top 10 Women is now open to the public and will close at midnight on August 29.
To vote, follow these steps:
- Click on the campaign link
- Log in or create a NEAR wallet
- Claim Women in Web3 NFT
- Go to survey, click thumb up to choose your candidate
Those selected by the public will be included in the Women in Web3 Changemakers list, which will be shared with the press and the global community during the week of NEARCON – NEAR’s annual flagship event, which takes place in Lisbon, Portugal, from September 11 to 14. 2022. Winners will also be flown to the event.
Forkast will feature the Changemakers in a special multi-part series that will air across Forkast platforms and the distribution network to share each winner’s story and contributions to Web3. Founders of listed Web3 companies will also have the opportunity to meet investors and apply for funding at the event.
“As we accelerate the development of Web3, it is essential that we encourage more women to get involved in the sector and help shape our digital future. A great way to do this is to create role models through the celebration of talents who are already pushing boundaries and acting as powerful agents of social change,” said Marieke Flament, CEO of the NEAR Foundation. “This is our inaugural list of Changemakers and we are delighted to receive so many applicants. of such caliber for this important celebration. As we transition to the Web3 economy, we must play a role in helping to create a diverse workforce that reflects the society we want to serve.
The women on this year’s shortlist, in alphabetical order, are:
- Amy Soon, founder of Blu3DAO
- Bianca Lopez, social activist and founder of Talle Communications
- Deborah Ojengbede, CEO of AFEN Blockchain
- Denelle Dixon, CEO of Stellar Foundation
- Erikan Obotetukudo, founder and general partner of Audacity
- Kristin Smith, Executive Director of the Blockchain Association
- Lauren Ingram, Founder, Women of Web3
- Maliha Abidi, Artist and Founder, Women Rise
- Mary Beth Buchanan, President, Americas and Global General Counsel, Merkle Science
- Medha Parlikar, co-founder of Casperlabs
- Olayinka Odeniran, Founder and President of the Black Women Blockchain Council
- Oluchi Enebeli, Nigeria’s first female blockchain engineer, founder of Web3Ladies
- Rebecca Mqamelo, co-founder of City3
- Selin Suntay, CEO of Polarys
- Sheila Warren, founder of the Crypto Council for Innovation (CCI)
- Sian Morson, Founder and Editor-in-Chief of TheBlkChain
- Tammy Kahn, co-founder and co-CEO of FYEO
- Taynaah Reis, CEO and Founder of Moeda Seeds
- Tricia Wang, Co-Founder and Head of the Crypto Research and Design Lab (CRADL) at CISA (The World Economic Forum’s Crypto Impact Sustainability Accelerator)
- Wendy Diamond, Female Web3 Investor, Founder of WEDO
About NEAR Foundation
The NEAR Foundation is a Swiss non-profit organization that supports the governance and development of the NEAR protocol, a high-performance, carbon-neutral blockchain designed to be lightning-fast, incredibly secure, and infinitely scalable. NEAR is designed by an award-winning team of engineers and entrepreneurs to be simple to use, inclusive and good for the environment.
The foundation aims to help raise awareness, support and grow this ecosystem and allocate grants on behalf of the ecosystem.
Founded in 2018, Forkast is a global digital media platform spanning blockchain, digital assets and web3 at the intersection of business, economics and politics – from Asia to the world. The international team of journalists is led by editor and global presenter Angie Lau. Forkast is a trusted industry authority that has partnered with organizations such as the OECD, World Economic Forum, IBM, EY, and more.