Company presentation │ Close Up is a non-profit, non-partisan civic education organization that aims to inform, inspire and empower young people to become active participants in our democracy. We believe that a strong democracy requires the commitment of all citizens. Therefore, we seek to reach young people from all communities and backgrounds, regardless of race, religion, gender, socio-economic level or educational level. Since 1971, we’ve partnered with schools nationwide to serve nearly one million students and educators through experiential programs in the nation’s capital and local communities, after-school programs and virtual summer schools, professional development for educators, and curriculum and resource design.
Job Overview │ The Partnerships Manager (External Affairs) will join the External Affairs team and report to the Head of External Affairs. The person in this role manages partner relationships and execution of deliverables, including regular communication, engagement, reporting and renewals. The Partnership Manager oversees a portfolio of current partners and is responsible for facilitating outreach to potential partners who support Close Up’s mission, business development goals, and program opportunities. These programs often focus on increasing diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) and helping young people engage in meaningful civic education opportunities.
The ideal candidate has excellent communication and writing skills, is detail oriented, self-starter, adaptable and enthusiastic about the work of Close Up.
This position is based in the Washington, DC area, but there is telecommuting flexibility.
- Plan and execute partner deliverables (including project management, donor and partner management and reporting).
- Research and identify potential organizations to engage as partners.
- Conduct outreach activities, calls and meetings with partners, customers and prospects.
- Develop pitches and write proposals.
- Support senior management with introductory calls and preparation of meetings with potential partners.
- Follow and understand the latest trends and developments in politics and civic education.
- Work with communications and marketing teams to develop collateral and outreach opportunities to promote partnerships.
- Manage the Partnerships and Speakers Coordinator and maximize opportunities to leverage partner engagement.
- Participate in paid on-the-job training, in which you will work directly with students on our experiential learning programs.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- 5-7 years of experience in account/relationship management, business development, fundraising and/or sales.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to write for a variety of audiences.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively across the organization.
- A creative thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness to travel to support prospecting and partner engagement.
- Close Up’s passion for mission and civic education.
- Authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination, as required by company policy.
Benefits and Compensation │ Close Up offers a comprehensive benefits package including three robust medical insurance plans, dental insurance (over 90% of premiums are company paid) and vision coverage. Close Up pays 100% of premiums for life/AD&D insurance and short-term and long-term disability insurance, and offers flexible spending and dependent care accounts, a 403(b) retirement savings program, paid vacation/sick days/holidays, parental leave, Metro subsidy or free garage parking, free on-site gym and a positive work environment.
If you are excited about the prospect of joining Close Up and this position is a perfect fit for you, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Please visit us at www.closeup.org.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
The Close Up Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.