Deadline: rolling basis
Applications are open for the Roddenberry Foundation Catalyst Fund 2022. The Catalyst Fund awards grants to anyone, anywhere in the world, who has an early-stage idea or project that addresses pressing global challenges.
- Early stage: The Catalyst Fund is for small and/or early stage ideas and projects that require an injection of capital to get started or prove their viability. Catalyst winners are typically piloting a program, venturing into new territory, about to launch, or pivoting in a new direction.
- Big ideas: The Catalyst Fund supports big ideas or projects that deviate from the status quo and force us to look at a problem and its solution in a new light. These big ideas have the potential to impact an entire community, city or country. They tend to take advantage of existing infrastructure, rely on partnerships (public and private) and improve on what already exists. Great ideas push boundaries and challenge convention.
- Bold vision: The Catalyst Fund supports people with a bold vision for change. Catalyst Fellows seek meaningful long-term impact and have a vision of how to get there and what needs to be done. They are able to articulate how they plan to make the world a better place and why. Their vision inspires others and offers a glimpse of a brighter future.
- Applications submitted through the Catalyst Fund range from $2,500 to $15,000. Requests over $15,000 will be automatically disqualified. Align your request with what you need – if you need $7,000, don’t ask for $12,000. When deciding how much to ask for, consider how much funding you need right now and how you’ll use it to move your idea forward.
The Catalyst Fund makes grants to anyone, anywhere in the world. You can have 25 years of experience or be a beginner. You can work alone, with a team, as part of a non-profit organization, a social enterprise or a for-profit company. To be eligible, all applicants must:
- Be 18 or older. You must be 18 at the time of submission your app. If you will be 18 in the estimated window to receive a response to your application, wait a little longer. They are happy to read your application when you turn 18.
- Submit an application in English. Although it welcomes proposals from all over the world, the Foundation asks that you submit your application in English. This gives them the best ability to understand your work and the nuances of your proposal.
- Include complete answers to all required application questions. Every question required in their application is crucial in helping them understand your plans and ultimate goals. They try not to ask too much or too little, so answer all questions with as much detail as possible.
- Accept all legal terms and conditions of the Catalytic Fund grant program. First and foremost: your proposal must be for a charitable initiative. Additionally, they require you to complete a final grant report. They may also request additional documents as part of the initial due diligence process. They have compiled all the legal terms and conditions of the Catalyst Fund into this very nifty rules document. Make sure you understand what you are signing up for!
- Be able to legally receive grants. The Catalyst Fund makes grants to many types of entities, but here are a few that it cannot fund: government agencies; pressure groups; or entities in countries that are prohibited by law, regulation, treaty, or administrative action from doing business with the United States.
- Impact: The solution has the potential for tangible, measurable and significant impact (at some point in time)
- Innovative: The solution is innovative; it presents a new or non-traditional approach to an existing problem
- Original: The solution is original; unique and creative approach that differs from existing options/approaches
- Ecosystem : The solution builds on established best practices and leverages existing solutions or systems
There are no deadlines. Applications are accepted year-round. Upon receipt of your funds, you will have 9 months to carry out the activities described in your grant application.
Click here to apply
For more information, visit Roddenberry Foundation.